Lebanon kidnapped soldiers likely to be killed by state organization

0 106

“The army has recovered the remains of six people so far and is looking for the remains of two others,” Major General Ibrahim said in remarks carried by the official Lebanese news agency Sunday. “We are waiting for the results of the DNA test to verify the identity of the bodies being recovered.”

He said they had information about the deaths of the military since February 2015, “but we could not confirm that.”

The organization has kidnapped nine Lebanese soldiers since 2014 when it briefly invaded the border town of Arsal in northeastern Lebanon.

The Lebanese army announced a cease-fire at 7 am local time in its area of ​​operations against the state organization in Jaroud Ras Baalbek, adjacent to the Calmoun, paving the way for the final phase of negotiations on the fate of its soldiers captured by the organization.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.